Friday, October 31, 2014

In the Beginning....

....A lot of people had nervous breakdowns. *throws confetti*

Happy November, all you writer folk! Time to pick up your coffee mugs, boot up your laptops, and have yourselves a real good time. And re: above, nervous breakdowns.
Being a rather young person myself, I haven't actually been through all that many NaNos. I'm beginning to see patterns though. The phrase "in like a lamb, out like a lion" comes to mind. Or its reverse, now that I think of it...
My last NaNo I did, I loved. The month involved both faeries and One Direction. There's something weirdly homey to the whole experience. You go in, you stress out, you do a million bazillion wordsprints(oh gosh all the wordsprints), and you congratulate yourself a lot, exhausted.
There's another benefit as well-you meet like-minded people, something I'm slowly realizing is a lot easier with an Internet connection. NaNo presents the opportunity to get in on a worldwide network of sorts, full of people with dozens of imaginary friends. It's pretty darn fun, if you can get past the back problems from sitting at a computer all day.
So there it is. The oncoming storm of NaNoWriMo is upon us. A whirlwind of creative energy. Enjoy, my friends. It only comes around once a year.
If you guys have any NaNoing stories of your own to share, I'd love to hear them in the comments. As of late, I've been spending more time in fan communities than writerly ones, and I've got to admit, I'm a little bored. Maybe further time off from Tumblr is in order.
May your swords stay sharp and your chocolate stocks always plentiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment